Monday, March 9, 2015

Another week in Sião! (with pics!)

A Little Baptismal Celebration!

The font.

My companion & me with Natan before his baptism!

Our flooded road!

Trip to Sao Paulo temple with Natan and his mom!

How I've missed a good burger --- McEEEE Dee's!

Hello familly! Glad to see the little guy was able to get his name! Super disappointed, however, that the name Nick jr will have to wait for Claire’s and Scott’s first child (it’s the least you could do for me, Claire. After all, you got married without me!) haha Chase is adorable though! I’m glad that everything went well and that everyone is happy! Super awesome too that Lee went through the temple and that everyone was able to be there! The temple really is a special place! 

This week was a good one for us! We had stake conference this weekend so we had to take the long trek to Embu ( my second area)! It was way fun, though, to see some members that I got to know one year ago! Wow how the time flies by so fast!! It was a good conference. President and Sister Dalton were there, which was super good! The stake president even announced that the group in Sao lourenço will be opened at the latest in Abril! So here in a little bit we will have our group started! It got us all excited for sure! 

We had Natan’s baptism this Saturday, which was super awesome!! His parents were super happy as well! It has been such a great experience to teach him! On Thursday we were able to take him and his mom to the temple which was sooo spiritual! We taught them the Plan of Salvation in front of the temple and then we saw a bunch of youth taking pictures so we asked them if they could bear their testimonies to Natan and his mom.  They did and it was super awesome! SoI wasn’t able to be with you all at the temple in Colorado but I was able to be at the temple this week!! We made plans with them too, to enter the temple here in the next few weeks to do baptisms for their ancestors! On the way back to Sao Lourenco she bought us Mcdonald’s, which was a treat! Man how i miss a good hamburger and fries! haha We have been teaching some of her other family members of too, so we will see where that goes!

We have also been teaching Rafaela and she is super awesome! She has a ton of desire to become a member of the church and is learning super fast! I Know that the Lord is not only blessing us with people to teach and baptize, but also blessing us with the abilities to help them become the future leaders in this area! Rafaela will for sure be a leader here!! 

i know with all my heart that this church is true and I am so grateful to be able to be serving as a missionary! It continues to change my life everyday! I hope you all have a great week!! 


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment