Tuesday, March 31, 2015

#groupopeners (Letter from March 23rd)


What's up family!!!! 

Well I must say this week could have been one of the best weeks of the mission!  Because we now have permission to open our group!! WOO HOOOOO!!!!! President Dalton called us Saturday super excited and broke the good news! He was super excited as well! I've never heard him so excited!! haha and he bought us 2 pizzas and a coca cola to celebrate! Needless to say we were all excited! So probably after general conference we will be up and running here in Sao Lourenco! Lett'ssss gooooooo!!!!!! I can't express how happy we are!! Things are about to get even crazier! So our next goal know is to turn it into a branch! From what I've heard we already have enough priesthood holders to become a branch, we have 5 I think. It will just depend on if they are tithe payers. I'm hoping we have a branch before I leave this area!! 

Yesterday as well we had 2 more baptisms which were super awesome! David and ryane who are Patrick's cousins got baptized and it was super awesome! The mom and grandma were both there and are starting to come back to church and are super excited for the activities and everything! David and Ryane are super awesome as well! They are super fun to teach. Ryane is 9 but is super smart and is already reading the book of mormon everyday and marking all the parts that she likes! the best part about it as well is she is helping her mom get back in the rhythm with it as well which is awesome! So the baptism was a good end to a good week! 

Rafaela is doing super awesome as well. She didn't go to church this weekend because she traveled but will get back tomorrow and will be baptized on Saturday! She is super excited! Keep her in your prayers so that everything can go as planned! 

We had a multi zone conference this week which was super fun! President let us watch Meet the Mormons! I  thought it was super awesome! I don't know if you guys have watched it yet but if you haven't, you must! In Meet the Mormons 2, I know they will put our family there for sure! Mom sending out her 5th Elder Holmes like it's no big deal! haha So that was fun for sure! I love president. He is so awesome and helps us so much! What's really great, as well, is that our assistants, Elder E. Silva (who I trained) and Elder Fisher (my second comp in the mtc) are now in Sao Luis! They told me that Polly and Meire and their family is still super strong and are helping them with all there baptisms! So that got me super excited to hear that they are still strong in the church!! 

Well that's about all I've got for ya today! The church is so true! I love representing it and seeing it grow!! Love you all have a great week!


Elder Holmes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment