Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We are excited here! (with Pics!)

From: Nicholas Holmes <nicholas.holmes@myldsmail.net>





What’s up family!!

Happy late birthday shoutout to Auntie Claire last week! Sorry about that one Claire! I hope you had a great day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

This was another great week for us here in Sao Lourenco! Yesterday we had our last meeting in Juquitiba! The president of the branch called a group leader who will be resposible for the meetings and everything here, but we are still under the branch’s responsibility. From what I know we will have all the meetings like usual here, starting on the 12th! woooo! sSnce we have general conference this week the first meeting, the 12th will be our first official meetings!! We found a great place to have our meetings, as well! It’s a house that has never been rented so we will be the first users and it is super awesome! It's in the dead center of the town so it will be good because everyone will know where it is! So as usual, we are excited here! 

We also had Rafaela’s baptism this weekend which was incredible! Talk about someone who has passed through some opposition! I was so happy that she was able to take this step in her life! She bore a super strong testimony along with another lady who was baptized the same day! They were both in tears and the spirit was stong as ever! Man the mission is the best!!! She separated from her husband when we first started teaching her because he wanted to live in the world and she didn’t. But this weekend she told us that he talked to her for the first time the night before her baptism! I was a bit scared that he would ruin everything but she said it went really well and that he wants to get back together! They weren’t legally married so she told him that they will have to get married and he told her he wants us to start teaching him as well so he can be baptized and change his life! So we are going to start teaching him as well and get them married and work on getting them to the temple!  

Im really hoping the president will leave me here for the rest of my mission! We have  transfers tomorrow but I know that we both will be here for at least one more transfer! I told president that I’m NOT leaving this area!  I told him that he can try, but he cant make me leave!! He laughed and said "why would I transfer you when you're doing everything I want there" so I’m pretty sure I will die here, happy as ever! We have also been teaching some other really awesome families recently so things are really looking up here for our future branch! 

Thanks for my package! The only down side is that they put another one of those ridiculous taxes on it so I had to pay about 75 bucks to get the package! 

i am suuuuuuuper excited for general conference this week! What’s better to do on a weekend than to hear and learn from the living prophet of our Heavenly Father! You can be sure that I will be watching every minute of it! I challenge each of you to do the same. You never know in which session you will receive an answer to you prayers! I have not a doubt in my mind that President Monson is a prophet of god! I love this church! Have a great week!! Love you all! 


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment