Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I Know He Lives!

Date: April 6, 2015 at 12:49:52 PM MDT
Subject: what a weekend!
From: Nicholas Holmes <nicholas.holmes@myldsmail.net>


Hello family!

Birthday shoutouts this week to Uncle Mark!! Hope you have a great day mark! 

What a great conference weekend, huh?! Wow I loved every second of it! We watched it in the Embu chapel which was way fun! It was really great to see a lot of members from that ward again! I loved the ward a lot! And of course, we watched it in english. It just isn’t the same voiced over! The first session we watched on the computer in the secretary’s office. There were two computers, It would be a lie to say that I didn’t think of throwing March Madness on the other monitor! haha After the first session we were able to set up a tv so we could be a little more comfortable! I loved every second of conference! I have not a  doubt in my mind that we can receive revelation through our inspired leaders! All the questions I had going into conference were answered and I hope all of yours were to. If not, read the talks again and you will! 

I loved Elder Ballard’s talk in the priesthood session as well! I thought it was super awesome and applied to all of our family! Andrew, Scott and dad RM’s, me on the mission and Lee and Christian preparing to leave! It was one of my favorite talks for sure! I also loved Elder Bednar’s talk and Elder Anderson’s talk! I thought they were both spot on. And what’s better than Ulisses Soares beasting it up speaking in portuguese in the priesthood session! I'm sure you all felt the spirit even stonger when he was speaking the celestial language! haha I hope that got Lee super excited! I was talking to an elder in my zone who is going to Lee’s mission and he told me the mission president will change this June and the new president will be a ‘brazy' as Andrew would say! That got me pretty excited for sure! Lee will get at least a little taste of brazil! 

I find myself today feeling super grateful for the testimony I have of the living prophet. I have not a doubt in my mind that he is a prophet of god leading and guiding this church! I felt the spirit so strong singing “I know that my redeemer lives". I know he lives and I know he guides his church through the his chosen prophe!! The church is true! 

This week was a good one as well! On friday we made visits the whole day with the branch president, which was super awesome! (partly because we traveled by car the whole day!) We visited a bunch of people we are working with and members, to get everyone excited for the meetings here in Sao Lourenco! Our results were incredible! We taught two less actives about serving missions, and the spirt was so strong! One of them is Natan’s brother who turns 18 next month! We are working with him to get out into the field! we also found a less active member who served a mission and everything but then left the church. His parents and brother are still active members so when we visited them, he was there and is now is making the steps to return! It was amazing to see how the work moves forward when the members have the same focus as the missionaries! It was one of the most spiritual days of my mission! 

Ricardo, future spouse of Rafaela, is progressing way well! Rafaela got sick this weekend and wasn’t able to go to conference, but he went and brought the kids and liked it a lot! We are hoping that we can get their wedding marked tomorrow. Keep them in your prayers please! 

That’s about all I’ve got for you this week! The church is true! I couldn’t be more sure of it than I am now! The opposition to the church is only a testimony builder to me that we are in the last days! I’m glad I’m on the right side of the fight! 

Love you all! 


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment