Monday, April 20, 2015

Grateful!

Hello one and all!! 

This week was a good one like always! Big shout out to momma dawg for 1. finding a name that I could take to the temple and 2. beasting it up in the surgery room! President sent me a text on Wednesday night telling me that everything went well with the surgery! So that made it easier not to have to worry! I’m glad that everything went well and that you will be ready to shred the gnar with me when i get back! The temple was super awesome and i was so glad that I was able to do the work for someone in my own family! it was for sure an experience that I will never forget! It has been a while since I’ve been baptized so it was way awesome! I felt a spirit that I have never felt before! The temple is so awesome and temple work is so true! So we did that on Thursday and it took up most of the day. We didn’t get back until about 8ish. We ate at the steak house next to the temple, of course, which is always delicious! 

This week as well we were able to mark Ricardo’s and Rafaela’s wedding! Woo Hoo!! We went on Wednesday and they will be married on the 9th of May! So just under 3 weeks! So we are way excited for that. They are way excited and are already excited to get sealed in the temple on May 9, 2016! The whole family was there at church yesterday again which was great! We are teaching her grandparents as well who live next door. They are super awesome but have a few challenges they need to overcome.  We are going to work hard on getting them married as well and teaching them the gospel! 

Yesterday was a good day of attendance as well. I think the members are finally realizing their responsibility they have now. It was way cool to see new members helping other new members and everyone becoming a family! I love this area for sure! I gave a talk yesterday which was fun. I talked on the importance of members and used that The Power of Every Day Missionary book to share some ideas with them. I think it got them excited. I got some comments back on it! So we are going to work hard on making this a big family! I know President Dalton is working hard on getting us turned into a branch so we can rent a bigger place with rooms to have the classes. 
I love you all! I’m so grateful for the family I have and going to the temple and doing the work for my family made me even more grateful for the blessings we have! The church is true! 

Love,

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment