Monday, April 27, 2015

Baptism, Chicken and the NBA! (w/pics)

Juan's Baptism!
Friday's Lunch!

It was another great week for us hear in São Lourenço! Birthday shoutouts this week to Tammy Cassity Yesterday! Hope you had a great day! As well, Happy Birthday to Bishop Willardsen today! To Rachel this Friday! Hope you have a great day with little Nick jr! And also to cousin Craig on Sunday! Hope you all have awesome days!! 

We had a good week that ended with the baptism of Juan! He’s our neighbor. He lives in the same apartments as us and he is super awesome! Way funny AND the first brazilian I have met that follows the NBA! He knows everything about the NBA. It’s crazy!  The first time we went to his house he was watching the Houston Rockets. Talk about temptation! haha He told me this week about all the trades that have gone down in the last two years. WOW - how the nba has changed! Everyone is playing for different teams it sounds like! So it has been fun to have something in common with him! He told me yesterday that he heard the nugs might trade Kenneth for Joaquim Noah! Is that true?! I almost cried on the spot! My favorite nug for my least favorite player! Oh boy! What’s going on there in Denver without their biggest fan? And he also tells me that JR is now playing with lebron? He wasn’t totally sure on that one but if that’s true that would be sick! Well anyways, back to the point, Juan  was baptized this weekend which was super aweome! The Branch president baptized him and got him super excited to serve in the church. The president is already planning on calling him to work with the young men because in the last church he went to, he taught karate and guitar to the youth and got a ton of people there every week for the activities! But he left the church because the pastor wanted to charge the people there and Juan didn’t think that was right so he left the church and now will help the true one grow! We are needing a lot of help in getting a lot of young men as well! I know that we found him to help this group grow even faster!! 

On Friday we had lunch with a new investigator which was super funny! He’s about 65. He invited us to have lunch with him and his wife on Friday and then showed us what we would be eating. He took us out back to his chicken coop and told us to pick which one we thought best for lunch!!  Friday morning we killed it and we ate fresh chicken for lunch! It was pretty delicious, I must say! 

We have interviews with president tomorrow so he will probably tell me what he is going to do with me there! I’m thinking I’ll stay and my comp will be transfered. He goes home in December. President did write me though today and told me that the stake president is going to apply to become a branch already! So we are super excited about that! We are hoping that all goes well and that we can get this group a branch as fast as possible! Keep us in your prayers please! We also have a meeting with Bishop Caussé, the first counselor of the general bishopric! So we are pretty excited for that! It will be on Friday and the Sao Paulo South mission will be there with us as well! Should be pretty sweet! I have a friend that’s in that mission so it should be good! 

That’s about all I’ve got on the week! It has been a good one! I can’t believe that it’s almost May! Where does the time go? Well anyways, I hope you all have a great week! I love this gospel I love this church! I see the way it can bless the lives of people when the lessons learned are applied and practiced!

Love you all! 

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment