Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Love My Mission More Each Day! (w/great pics!)





From: Nicholas Holmes <nicholas.holmes@myldsmail.net>

What's up family! 

I’ll start off with a birthday shoutout to two of the best!! Dad tomorrow on the 19th!!! Happy birthday big guy! I hope you have a great day! Thanks so much for all you have done for me! I wouldn’t be here without you. You are the perfect example of what a dad, husband, priesthood holder, and friend needs to be! Thanks for everything. You are the best! I hope you have a great day! And Andrew on the 22!!  Happy birthday big bro! Thanks for being a good example for all of us! I look up to you more than you know! 

This week was a pretty good one! It has been getting pretty cold these last few days and it gets pretty foggy and rainy, but then yesterday and today it warmed up quite a bit. Dad asked how the weather would be when we come back and I’m assuming it will be pretty cold. Winter is starting but where’s the snow!? 

Today we had our sports day which was pretty fun but tiring! I am a little out of shape that’s for sure! haha But it was fun. Elder Green and I tore it up in soccer. It was fun! 

This weekend we had another baptism, as well, which was way awesome! We reactivated this family, the mom and the oldest sister were baptized, but then moved here. They are super awesome! And we baptized her niece and her daughter. The daughter is only 8 so it was technically the branch’s baptism but hey, all for the same team, right? It was way spiritual and we had like 15 to 20 members there to watch it, which was amazing seeing as the pool is a good walk away from the chapel!  The 2 that were already baptized in the family bore their testimonies which was way spiritual! Things are going really well for us here!! 

Ricardo passed the sacrament today and next week will bless it which is so great to see! He is such an awesome guy and so ready to help this group grow! We are going to start working with his brother and sister-in-law and see if we can get him to baptize them! He’s pretty excited about it! 

Well that’s about all I’ve got on the week! Things are good! The work is better than ever! Every day I love my mission more and more!! 

Have a great week!! 

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment