Monday, May 11, 2015

Such a Great Weekend!





Whats up family!! 

It was so much fun to talk to all of you yesterday!! And let me just tell you, some things never do change! haha So yesterday was a pretty big adventure just to get the skype all good. Like I told youS the member we had planned for on sunday called us on Saturday and told us her computer fell of the bed and broke. Fetch. So then we went and got Rafaela’s computer and took it there, and everything was great except for the fact that the internet wasn't working on her computer so we grabbed her neighbor’s computer, got the internet working, but then the battery died! So we asked the lady for her charger and she said it broke a couple days ago! Great! At that point, we grabbed a bus for a little over an hour, to some other elders' area and when we got there, we finally got a working skype! I was able to have my awesome conversation with all of you, but a few minutes after we ended,  the power in the city went out! haha! Seriously!  So the other 2 elders weren’t able to talk to their families! That was a huge bummer for them! Literally, everything that could have gone wrong on that day went wrong, but I’m glad we were able to talk yesterday and that everything went smoothly! Even the Holmes family internet was almost top notch! What a miracle we witnessed there!!!

So like I explained yesterday, this week was awesome! It really was an awesome Saturday with the wedding, bbq and baptism! They are such an awesome family! We will for sure be visiting them when we come back! (and when I say we, I mean mom, dad and c bear, because the rest of you didn’t make the cut!) 

My new comp is pretty sick! It has been over a year with straight brazilian comps, so the Aussie is a good change! It’s funny seeing him and remembering how I was when I first got to Brazil. His family has wild kangaroos and koalas in their backyard! How crazy is that? Things are way fun with him for sure! We have 10 missionaries in our district and 3 of them are being trained, which is fun! He’s not alone! 

Well that’s about all I’ve got for you all. I told you pretty much everything yesterday! I loved talking to you yesterday! Way weird that it’s the last time before i get home! Time really does fly by! It was good to get updated on about everything that nobody every tells me! I would not be surprised if i got back and found out that we´ve moved! I hope you're still in the same house!

We have the best family in the world!! I hope you had a great Mother’s Day mom! You are the best!! 

Have a great week. I love you all 


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment