Monday, June 1, 2015

BIG Things in Sao Lourenço! (TODAY's post with pics)


We are looking legit here! 


Wow it sure looks like it was a crazy week for every one there! I’m jealous that i wasn’t able to particiapte in all the fun! Congrats to Lee’s friend Kelsey! That is so awesome that she was baptized and it sounds like it was a great baptism! 

The Lake Powell bro tanks were pretty sick, I must say! I can just picture dad rolling his eyes when whoever presented the idea did so, but I know for sure he liked them, as well! haha! Sounds like it was a way fun week down there for you guys shredding the gnar AND playing spike ball!  I love that game.  I used to play it at college with my buddies and it is so much fun.  Be prepared to lose when I get home!  

This week was a good one for us too, but it was way busy. We almost had no time to work in our area which was hard but we got a lot done. We had a mission conference on Friday, which was way good! I bore my last testimony with a group of about 16 who will be going home with me. It was fun but way weird. It still hasn’t hit me that we have entered into the last month. I don't think it will for a while, but I’m good with that!

This week we had a huge improvement on our little garage where we do our church meetings! BIG things going on here in Sao lourenço! We got some curtains put up and got a bunch of pews put in to make it look like it’s actually a church! I’ll send you some pics. It’s looking pretty sick! All day Thursday we helped get everything set up and looking good! It was fun for sure! 

We also had two baptisms this week of Henrique and Angelo! It was way awesome. They are way funny! The mom, as well, was going to be baptized with them but she is having some troubles with giving up her smoking, but she for sure will be able to stop! Keep her in your prayers so that she can be baptized as well! Her sister, who’s a member already and living with them, is helping them out a lot which is way nice! Keep them all in your prayers! 

I can’t believe that Lee leaves next week! That’s so crazy! The time flies by so fast! I feel like yesterday he was opening his call. Lee is going to be such a good missionary. I think we can all agree on that one! 

Super sad about Trey Hall.  I remember him.  We have to remember that the Lord has His time for everyone and knowing that we will all be together forever, makes things so much easier to deal with.  Also super sad about Elder Perry.  I loved him so much.  I thought he looked so good at when he spoke at this past conference.  I didn’t even know he was sick.  His death caught me by surprise, for sure.  I had just read a talk by him on the priesthood in this month’s Liana, which was way good.  He will sure be missed. 

Sorry it’s not a long one this week. I don’t have much time, but I sure love you all. Have a great week!! 



Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment