Monday, January 26, 2015

Chattin' With the C-Bear! & Reeses and Root Beer!



So I was out of town last week and never sent Nick’s letter out.  For those who enjoy reading his weekly letters, I’m sending abbreviated versions of both weeks.  Thanks for all your interest in our boy!  We sure love you……. Carolann
_________________________________________________________________________________

January 19th:  Hello family.  How is everyone doing up there in the cold??? This week was a good one for sure! Super funny that I got to talk with C-bear this week! President called me on Saturday wanting to confirm with me what day I would like to go home, because he told me I could go home on the original date that I had (the 30th of june) if i wanted, but he said he would take me for as long as he could have me. I asked him if we could wait a little to see when Lee will leave before I make the decision and he told me that would be alright. He then called me again like 5 minutes later saying that he had tried to call the Colorado house, but the phone was disconnected, so i told him to call mom but I couldn’t remember the number. I just blanked out on me there! haha I knew 303-591 but 8161 kept on entering my mindt! haha So i called the only number I remembered, my own, which C-bear happens to have now!! haha President is the best. I  love him so much!! Then he gave me even better news! He said that if Lee gets his call this week or the next, that you guys can just give him a call so that he knows when Lee will be opening it, and he said he would have me then go to the office and skype in with you guys when he opens it! How awesome is my president right!! I am pretty stoked for sure for lee!! Sao paulo interlagos baby here we go!! 

So as for the week it was a good one! The best part of it all was the Eliana was baptized on Saturday which was super awesome!! She has been progressing so fast and was so ready for baptism. It was super awesome to be able to particiapte with that. She was confirmed which was great. The bishop as well does a good job and has been giving our recent converts callings super fast. Douglas was called as the sunday school president and sandra was called as the secretary of the young women’s. They were both super excited about it for sure! Of course it was a good sunday and we are really seeing the progress with both our converts and investigators! 

This week should be a good one for sure. Another hot one! Tomorrow we get to go to the temple which Im super excited about! So all in all it was a good week. The church is true. Don’t be afraid to share it with everybody!! 

Love you all!

Elder Holmes
_________________________________________________________________________________

January 26th:  Hello family!!  I guess I’ll have to wait another week to see where Lee is going! I’m pretty stoked for sure. I hope it gets here this week! I think on saturday night I will have to sleep at the secretary’s house because my comp is getting his patriarchal blessing early early sunday morning. So if you wait until Saturday afternoon, I could skype in, because I will already be at the office! In any case, I’m way excited for him!! 

This week was a good one again! On Tuesday we went to the temple which was super awesome! But let’s be honest, it’s always super awesome! The temple is the best!! We went to a brazillian bbq after, as well, which was pretty sweet, followed up by a trip to the Deseret Book Store where I bought myself some Reeses and Root Beer! What a great day!

Eliana has continued to progress as well which is awesome! She went to every activity that there was at the church this week and is super integrated with all the members, which is super awesome! I talked to the first counselor and he told me they are planning on giving her a calling this next week which should be great! 

I don’t know what President is planning on doing with me this next transfer! He talked to me on Monday and asked me if I would want to be a zone leader or district leader again, or what I would like to do, but I told him I really don’t care! I like it all! I would think I’lll be transfered this next transfer but hope that he leaves me in the same area for the rest of the mission. I guess we will see what happens! 

Well that’s pretty much all I’ve got for the week! It was a good one for sure! I hope everyone is doing well there. Know that I love you all and pray for you each day!!! Have a great week! 

Love


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment