Monday, February 2, 2015

VAMOS PORTUGAL!


(Photos of Nick's reactions to Lee opening his mission call! Nick skyped in from Brazil!) 



Wow how fun it was to be a part of Lee’s call opening on Saturday! And even better yet, the fact that Lee will be learning the celestial language! heck yes! I am super stoked for him for sure! LET’S GOOOO! Portugal is going to be so sick! I taught a guy from there one time. He talked pretty weird but I was able to understand everything he was saying. It just sounded like he was speaking super formal. They say that there they speak more correctly and here they speak super wrong! haha That is way true!  They don’t follow all of the rules here in Brazil! haha, but I’ve been telling everyone here that it’s because Lee’s smarter so he will be able to speak portuguese at the higher degree! Bummer about the date though! One week! Oh man come on! haha But we all know where the call comes from so he is obviously trying to teach me a lesson on patience! Mom was saying that she wants me to train him but let’s be honest, mama dawg is the best trainer this world has to offer! I think the kid is well beyond trained. He will train his trainer when he gets there to Portugal! 



Happy birthday shoutouts this week to Bryan Padua today and Mary Padua tomorrow! I hope you both have a great day and thank you so much for all the support!! And a huuuuge birthday shoutout to the best mom in the world on Saturday!!! I hope you have the best day ever and that everyone treats you like a queen! Thank you for all that you have done for me and all that you continue to do for me! You are the best! Sending out missionary number 4! Wow! I love you!! 

Sunday morning, as well, Elder Albert got his patriarchal blessing which was way cool. It was really cool to be able to be apart of that for sure! Then after we ran back to our area and got back just as the sacrament meeting was starting, which was good! We had a cool experience yesterday. We went to visit Douglas but he wasn’t home, but his mom was there. His mom is super nice and loves us, but has always been super strong in her church. The first time we tried teaching her she told us that she doesn’t want to leave her church because she feels good there and has been going for a long time. Yesterday we started talking to her and she told us that she has been feeling really weird lately and that after 15 years in her church, she just doesn’t feel the desire anymore to go. I was like "whaaat the?" She told us “I don’t know why”,  but I know why! Because the Lord is opening up the road for her to the only true church!! So we are going to start teaching her again and this time she will have that real intention, so I know she will get an answer! So that was way cool to see! The gospel is so true! I love this church!! Please keep her in your prayers! Also put in your prayers for more rain here in Sao Paulo. It’s getting pretty complicated here and looks as if we’re going to run out of water! They cut the water here sometimes for 3-5 days at a time, so people stay without water. They have huge barrels on top of the houses that keep water, but when that runs out, they are without! Luckily in our house our barrel is super big so we are always with water, but pray hard for the rain here! 

Congrats to Dad and Uncle Lee for the 5 years since the kidney transplant! I can’t believe it has already been 5 years! I will be eternally grateful to Uncle Lee for the sacrifice he made! You are the best!! 

That’s about all I’ve got for the week! My highlight of the week was for sure the mission call! I am so stoked for him! Yesterday in church I felt the spirit so strong and am so grateful for the family I have! 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Elder Holmes    


No comments:

Post a Comment