Monday, February 16, 2015

Bye Bye Cipó!


What’s up everyone! 

Sounds like it was a good week for everyone there! It was a pretty good week for us here in Cipó! Yesterday morning they did the transfer calls and I was transfered! President told me that I will be going to São Lourenco! It is a new branch that is the furthest area from the mission office! What is going  to be way awesome is that President is sending 2 ex-zone leaders and two ex-district leaders as their junior comps! He is investing a ton in getting the work started there! It should be pretty awesome! It’s not the favelas that I love, but instead, the jungle! It will be pretty sweet, for sure! President wants to talk with me tomorrow to make some plans and give us some ideas on what we can do there. Needless to say, I’m pretty stoked for everything new. It should be fun! Crazy to think that it could be my last area! Wow how the time passes by so quickly! The sisters in our ward were also transfered and President had to close their area, so Elder Albert now will have to take care of the two areas, which is pretty big! But he should do well. He’s a good missionary. President had to close a lot of areas this transfer. 17 missionaries are going home and only one is arriving, so he had to make a lot of changes! I’m going to miss Cipó though. I liked it a lot here! 

Yesterday was pretty awesome at church as well. Sandra gave a talk which was great. You could tell that she was way nervous but she did a good job! Eliana, as well, was called as the relief society secretary! She was pretty excited about that. I think she’s a little nervous because her plate is pretty full with work and school, but she gladly accepted! And then next week she was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting! I love the bishopric here. They don’t waste time helping these people progress. It is way awesome! 

Like dad mentioned in his letter, it has sure been raining a ton here, just about every day. It’s really weird though, because it will be super sunny and clear skies and then in a matter of minutes, it gets super cloudy and starts to pour. and then it opens up and gets sunny again! It’s so weird! The weather here is pretty unpredictable, that’s for sure! We had a pretty good week as far as finding some solid investigators to teach. i said goodbye to Douglas and his family which was hard but fun. They made some delicious food for us so it was fun. Goodbyes are always so awkward for me. I am not a fan!

Well that’s about all I’ve got for the day. I’m sure this next week I’ll have more to report on the new area! I hope everyone is doing well there! I sure love you all! 


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment