Monday, February 23, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Cipo! (with pics)





Hello family!! 

I cant believe that church was cancelled because of a couple inches of snow! What is going on up there! haha. I can assure you that church was not cancelled here. We went in the blazing heat, sweating in every part of the body!!

This week was a good one that’s for sure!! So we are in Sao Lourenço and I am with Elder Sá! He’s from RecifeBbrazil which is pretty sweet! He is super funny so we for sure will get along in this area! This branch still hasn’t been opened. There is a branch in another city called Juquitiba that is almost a ward. They are hoping to become a ward this year! But what president is wanting to do is to create a group here in Sao Lourenço because it’s about an hour or so away by bus from the meeting house there! So yesterday we had to make the long journey to church! We are going to work our butts off here and hopefully start this group here in our little city! We already have a place to have the meetings and everything so starting this week, we will have activities here with a few members and investigators and then on Sunday, we will go to the other city for church! Needless to say, we have work enough to do here!! 

This city has around 13,000 people so we for sure have people to work with! It’s a super chill little town. It reminds me a lot of a mountain town without the mountain! but it’s way sweet There is a town square with a bunch of shops and what not. It is way dope. I haven’t taken any pictures but I’ll get on that and send them to you this next week! 

The only bummer  of this new area is that we have almost no members....which means no one to make lunch for us! So we have to make lunch everyday except sunday, when we eat with members! Yesterday was the first time that we ate with members this week! One of the elders in our house loves to cook so he has been cooking most of the days for us, but don’t worry, I will learn to cook in this area for sure!  I guess you could look at it as a blessing! Elder Anderson, my comp in the MTC, is here as well, so I was super stoked about that. We will have a good time together! He’s a great missionary so this area is going to explode!! 

This area as well is in the Embu stake! My 2nd area was there in Embu, if you remember, so it’s sweet to be back in the same stake! Something super awesome as well was when we were coming to the area from the transfers on Tuesday, we had to go to a member’s house in Embu to drop off another Elder’s bags. The coolest part was that the member was that Ricardo who I was working with when we were there! He was inactive at the time, but we got him back to church, but then I left and didn’t know what happened with him! He’s super active now and even baptized the family that lives next door to him!! So it was super cool to see that and see the difference in his life!! 

Well I think that’s about all I’ve got for you! I’m sure I didn’t respond to all the questions but hey, I tried! Hope you all have a great week! This church is true!! 


Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment