Monday, June 15, 2015

Lots of Crazy Things! (with pics)



First off thanks for all the birthday shoutouts this week!! Quite a few people wrote to me and if I haven’t yet responded for that, I am really sorry!  I don’t think they have 24 hours in their days here in Brazil!! haha But thank you all for remembering me!! 

This week was a good one for sure! Way busy, but a good one! My birthday was so much fun! On wednesday night I had to go to the office with one of the other elders because on Thursday he had his final interview and so President asked me if it would be okay if I did my final interview on the same day. So I went too! That night the secretaries found out it was my birthday and so they bought some pizzas to celebrate, which was fun!! The next day some of the new missionaries were invited to go to eat breakfast at the president’s house because it’s a mission tradition, and I was already there at the office so I was able to tag along and go to president’s house for some grub! Always fun! President had everyone sing Happy Birthday to me and what not, which always gets really awkward, especially in Portuguese because the song is way longer! We than went back to the chapel and president gave us a little training on after-mision life which was way good! After that, I had my last interview with him which was awesome! I love him a ton for sure. He is such an awesome man! He’s right up there with dad and and my grandpas as great examples, that’s for sure!! It was incredible to see how when he was giving his training about work and marriage and what not, a lot of the missionaries were like 'dang all this stuff is gold'! But almost everything that he said, dad and mom had already taught me! Whether it was by word or by example! I’m so grateful to have such awesome parents who really put the gospel in practice!! Thank you so much for everything you have ever taught me! You two are the best!i Don’t know where I’d be without you! My interview with him was a good one! Not super long but it was fun to talk to him. After that I went out to lunch with Elder e. silva (one of my comps that I trained) because he was an assistant, but than he went back with me to take the place of another Elder that was in our zone. So that was fun! When we got back, we went to Rosana’s house for a family night which was great! They had made cake and a bunch of food for me which was delicious. They gave me a sweet soccer jersey as well! and then when i got back to the house, the other elders had made a cake for me as well! So it was a fun day and I was for sure fat and happy! Way busy day but a fun one for sure!! 

So the latest news on the block is that I was transferred! For the last few weeks I will be in another area, Sao luis! It is the area that I was in last year at this same time! I’ve always wanted to go back there, as well, so I’m excited to be able to go back for my last few weeks! I’m super sad to leave Sao Lourenço, but excited to be able to visit some recent converts back in Sao Luis! President made me his assistant, as well, for the last few weeks! haha I think he will call me and one other elder from my group and then we will go home together. It’s funny how he wrote you that awesome letter about me never being an assistant, and he said that to me as well in my interview, and then he ends up calling me for the last 2 weeks of my mission! I’m excited to be able to learn as much as I can from him before going home! Crazy how time flies. Wow!! 

Well that’s about it for me! Don’t have a to lot of time! Things are good! I’m good! The church is true! I love seeing how true it is every day! Every day my testimony grows even more!

Have a great week. Love you all! 

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment